Dr. Saad Saad – Giving Good Advice to Ensure Your Child’s Well-being

Dr. Saad Saad was born in the country of Palestine. He then grew up with seven siblings in Kuwait, all who grew up to take on big, fruitful careers. Dr. Saad Saad received his medical degree 47 years ago in Egypt at Cairo University where he graduated with honors, being ranked number 2 in his class. He did an internship in England before immigrating to the United States about 45 years ago where he completed his residency in surgery and in pediatric surgery in the USA Board Certified Pediatric Surgery. Dr. Saad has now been married for a little over 40 years and has had four children, two of whom have become surgeons like him, one whom became a lawyer, and the fourth whom became a Intensive Care Unit Nurse.

Dr. Saad Saad has invented and developed many pediatric surgical methods. He has done thousands of pediatric surgeries throughout his career for children as little as only months old to teenagers. Dr. Saad has even journeyed to Jerusalem eight times on Medical Missions to do difficult surgeries for free on children who can’t afford the surgeries that they desperately need.

Dr. Saad Saad has now retired from his medical career, but has lately done a couple of interviews, giving the world answers to medical questions and also very good advice. One interview lead to Dr. Saad discussing what happens when children swallow foreign bodies or ingest dangerous materials (http://medicaldailytimes.com/doctors/hard-to-swallow-advice-from-dr-saad-saad/3663/). Children, especially the really young ones, love to put things in their mouth, chew on them, and, a lot of the times, swallow them as well, no matter what they are. Usually, the object will pass through the child’s system no problem, but, sometimes, a foreign body can get stuck in their esophagus or even be inhaled down into their windpipe, both of which can cause very serious issues. Larger objects usually get jammed in the food pipe while smaller bodies usually get lodged in the windpipe. The common signs of this having happened are wheezing, problems breathing, and trouble swallowing. If you know that a child has something stuck in their food or wind pipe, do not go after it with your fingers, that could worsen the problem. For children under 6, turn the child upside down by their legs then tap their back. For an older child, perform the Heimlich maneuver.

According to Dr. Saad Saad, the two most vital objects to keep a child from ingesting are batteries and peanuts. Batteries are actually, overall, the most dangerous foreign body out of any for a child to swallow. They’re small, so a child can easily get a hold of them and, also, the acid inside the batteries can leak onto a child’s esophagus or into their stomach and do some serious, even fatal, damage. Peanuts, only second to batteries in ingesting danger, are small, can easily be inhaled into a child’s windpipe, and the mucus in their lungs can make the peanut expand, causing even more blockage to their breathing.

Foreign bodies are dangerous for anyone to take in, especially young children, and can cause many serious, even fatal issues. Watch your children carefully, especially when they’re crawling or playing on the floor, to ensure that nothing goes in that may not so easily, or without damage, come out. Learn more : https://angel.co/saad-saad-2